Thursday, January 19, 2012

New Indians in Our Cupboards

I have the sweetest kids this year!  I love that they all take care of one another.  I love that they take care of their teacher all of the time too.  I feel so very blessed to come to work with these wonderful kids every day.
How many can say that they still love their same job after 30 years?  I suspect very few can.   

We had been reading the Indian in the Cupboard.  The old set of books were falling apart.  I decided to write grant to get a new class set of the books the kids love so much.  Low and behold, through the kindness of friends and strangers, enough money was raised to replace those well loved books.  Here are some of the happy readers.  Aren't they adorable?  They totally deserve to have decent books that are intact.

It is especially fun to read this aloud to the kids using different voices for each of the characters.  Boone, the cry baby of a cowardly cowboy is a favorite to read in voice.  Tommy, the British medical orderly is another.  Little Bear, the Indian, is another entertaining one to read in voice.  I read the kids a chapter a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment