Sunday, August 7, 2011

SF or Bust for Luz's 13th Birthday

Luz was in my second and then third grade classes.  Her class was one of my top 3 most memorable ever!  Several of her classmates and I still keep in touch.  It was Loosie Goosie's 13th birthday on the weekend of the 23rd July.  My husband's cousins came to visit and wanted to tour SF.  I thought Luz might really like to meet Victoria, our cousin's daughter.  Luz and Tori got along famously. 

 Here are Tori and her mother Lisa of Sweet Lisa's Exquisite Cakes of  CT.  Tori really wanted to take the cable cars in the city.  I think she was disappointed that they were slower than a roller coaster so I did my best to drive down some steep roads pretending not to have any brakes.


We walked around Fisherman's Wharf, had lunch at Fog City Diner and fell in love with the cheddar biscuits and apple butter there.


Tori and Luz enjoyed posing here in front of the SF Aquarium on the Wharf.  You wouldn't know that these girls are 3 years apart.  Luz was the shortest in her class and yet she has grown so tall since I had her in 3rd grade.  Tori is 10 years old.


No comments:

Post a Comment